Relay Rules and Entry Form
1. Competitors take primary responsibility for their safety and participate in the event at their own risk. The organisers cannot accept any responsibility for personal accident or damage to athletic equipment and other personal effects or any public liability excepting that caused by the organising body. You can run, jog or walk the course.
2. The use of walking dogs are not allowed due to the nature of the speed of some competitors. Unfortunately this goes for wheelchairs and prams due to the terrain on parts of the course.
3. The decision of the Race Organisers will be final in all matters. These being VLA Events, Radcliffe AC and Friends of Close Park
4. The race is run according to England Athletic rules. Permit applied for
5. Teams are to consist of a maximum four competitors and to be eligible for prizes a minimum of four competitors in accordance with the category to which the team is entered. If you cannot muster up four people to take part three would be accepted but contact VLA Events before entering (see rule 10, 16 and 17)
6. Mixed Teams will have a composition of two men and two ladies; Ladies teams will consist of four ladies; Men’s
team will consist of four men. If in a category, all those in the team have to be that age range
otherwise your team will be classed in the lower category
7. Each team will have no more than four competitors, and only one competitor per leg. Each leg is two miles (2 laps of the park)
8. Each team shall be allocated four numbers (pin on the FRONT of your top) and four racing chips (one per competitor please), a single rubber band (relay baton).
9. All competitors must write their age on the entry form either online or paper